1/30/12

Blacks 1/27/12

Last Friday was the peak of the most recent swell. Although it wasn't predicted to be SUPER big or as big as the previous swell it actually was very close in size; more of a welcome surprise than a let down like the last. I decided to shoot blacks to switch things up a bit. The last two swells I shot at Big Rock (somewhere unknown) and Cardiff reef so it was time for a beach break. Blacks is known for a lot of things... One of those things is its' Canyon sets, or otherwise clean up sets. This, I was not looking forward to, but I hoped the challenges would be worth it in the end.
With every water shoot session comes the first test shot(once the camera is in the housing). Generally an ugly under exposed cold face would be seen here, but this one was one was somewhat of an improvement from the usual.
This guy got every bomb set that came thru, where were you?
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

One of a few canyon sets that came to make sure everyone was not a sleep.

Despite the few poundings the session was well worth while. Its not too often I make the journey down to blacks, but now I know the next time I go it'll be even more fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment