7/20/11

Costa Rica- Jamming

Been playing the gee-tar lately. One of the guides bought a local hand made guitar at a tucked away work shop close to La Fortuna. We left the village today after having been there for 2 weeks. It was a surprisingly emotional moment, leaving our host-families behind. Its crazy to think we shared so many moments together in such a short time. Going into the village I never would have thought that I would have felt such a connection to the people there. Now I can say that if I have the time to go back next time I visit Costa Rica, I absolutely will.

A couple days before our departure I found my self in a contemplative mindset. During sunset, the afternoon before we planned to leave I found myself on the front door “steps”, guitar in hand. I should mention that I am by no means a musician, not even in the slightest. So to find my self in this situation was quite intriguing. None the less, I began to strum some of the few chords that i know. I transcended into a place of acceptance for the local way of life. I was truly at peace with myself and my surroundings for the first time on the trip. So often, while travelling you become hyper-focused on what you’re doing or what to do next that you almost miss whats really going on around you. This was a moment where I felt apart of the moment and the life around me.
Anyways, enough deepness. I’m now in Monte Verde which from first glance seems like a pretty rad spot. Green, obviously; hence the name. It seems to have a lot of similarities to the village which makes sense since its a “hilltop town”, but with a more touristy twist to it. Tomorrow we will be ziplining, my first time. This should be interesting, as I plan to do it while simultaneously shooting video and taking pics. If youve been following the last couple blog posts thank you! More coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing experience brotha. What kinda of food did your host family mostly prepare? Was there a great deal of spice to it?

    I'm hoping to have a trip similar to the one your describing in the near future as well!

    ReplyDelete